Total Pageviews

Monday, April 13, 2020

State of "The Jam" Address

I hope this post finds everyone well and healthy in these troubling times.  It's been awhile since we had our last update. Not a lot of updates lately on the site, I was gearing up for the new tour this spring and summer, but of course we seemed to have hit a little speed bump.

Gigaton is amazing though, I find myself loving it and appreciating it more and more with every listen.  I cannot wait to hear these songs played live.  Favourites so far for me, include "Dance of the Clairvoyants", "Who Ever Said", "Quick Escape", "River Cross", "Take the Long Way", and "Alright".  This record just has a different feel, but you can say that with every PJ album.  It has just a straight up rock album feel that I didn't get with Backspacer or Lightning Bolt

I would say that Gigaton is the defining album of the "New Era" of Pearl Jam releases.  And by new era, I qualify that as from Avocado (2006) to Gigaton (2020).  Ten (1991) to No Code (1996) I would call "The Classic Era" and from Yield (1998) to Riot Act (2002) would be what I call "The Resurgance Era" purely based on the massive release of live shows we saw with the Binaural and Riot Act tours, I include Yield in this era because of the popularity of "Do The Evolution" which brought Pearl Jam back in the spotlight on Much Music (MTV in the States) and radio stations.  Who knows how long we will have to wait for the next new album, but I sincerely hope that it's not another 6 and 1/2 years, that is far too long to wait for new music from any band.  I also think that a Lost Dogs II would be a great idea to release in the mean time as well as a "New Era" Greatest Hits compilation.  Perhaps as a double disc set with the hits on one disc and the b-sides on the second disc.  I'm sure we all have made that compilation in our heads and on our media playlists.

My other piece of business I wanted to discuss and hopefully get feedback on is Merch.  I have been thinking for awhile about this and just recently started to think harder on it.  But, I would like to release and sell a line of "Spreading The Jam" shirts and merch.  I would absolutely love to hear input and feedback on this idea as I would like to start rolling out t-shirts this summer.  I think it would be great to grow our little community and brand it at the same time.  Please comment below.

I was also thinking about starting a podcast series or Youtube channel, but I'm not in a big rush for that because I am struggling to think of content ideas that haven't been done to death already.  Any help with that would be appreciated.  I was mainly thinking that this blog lives in the bootleg area of PJ collectors so I might speak to that and review live shows, favourite moments, improvs, covers, live only songs, stuff like that.

That's it for my ranting.  I hope you all are enjoying the new album and are staying healthy, not hoarding toilet paper, and washing your hands (for at least half a "Lukin").

Take care for now Jam Fam
Jordan

4 comments:

once76 said...

Great

tscall said...

I'd be up for a t-shirt, depending on whether postage to the UK is affordable/doable.....

A podcast would be great too.

Anonymous said...

Just for fun here's a new Greatest Hits and Lost Dogs II compilations

http://raboninco.com/M86p

http://raboninco.com/M86q

nanas128 said...

sabung ayam pisau online

s128agen.club