Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 25, 2009

1992-05-17 Portland, OR

Just before 'Porch,' PJ sings 'Happy Birthday' to Dave, with a few opening bars of 'Owner of a Lonely Heart' played before. Ed starts chatting after 'Leash'...stuff about great audience, really nice to them, etc. Then he says, "It's Dave's birthday and he's gonna play guitar for the first time in front of people ever ... and usually when we play, I just let people know what's on my mind cuz, I dunno, it usually takes over. Tonight also is like the night that me and my girlfriend have been together for eight years. It's serious. It's probably the sole reason that I'm alive. But, ah, that's why I wanna stick around on earth. I don't ever wanna be an angel or nothin'. I wanna be right here with her and, ah, so let's try this song." Dave plays guitar while Ed sings 'Angel.' This is the first, of only a few times, that 'Angel' is played live.

Set: Oceans, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, Deep, Alive, Improv/Black, State of Love and Trust, (I'm Not Crazy)/Once, (Owner of a Lonely Heart), Happy Birthday, Porch

Encore 1
: Suggestion, Garden, (School's Out)/(Outshined)/Leash

Encore 2
: Angel, Rockin' in the Free World

Download

No comments: