Total Pageviews

Monday, February 2, 2009

1994-03-09 Pensacola, FL

PJ reportedly received death threats prior to this performance. Ed starts the show off with a solo cover of Tom Petty's 'I Won't Back Down,' commenting "You know why we're here." Ed discusses pro-choice a bit, ending with, "... all these men trying to control women's bodies are really beginning to piss me off ... they're not in touch with what's real. Well, I'm fucking mean and I'm ugly and my name is reality." This benefit occurred one day prior to the one-year anniversary of the day Dr. David Gunn was shot outside a women's clinic. His son spoke: "You all have the voice. We are the majority. We have the power to take our country back (and to defeat those who) want to take our choices away from us."

Set: I Won't Back Down, Go, Animal, Even Flow, Dissident, State of Love and Trust, Glorified G, Daughter/(WMA), Blood, Why Go, Jeremy, Black, Alive

Encore 1: David Gunn Jr. speech, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, Porch/(Tearing)

Encore 2: Indifference

Download

No comments: