Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 19, 2009

2003-10-28 Santa Barbara, CA

Amazing show with many guests at this special benefit billed as "An Evening With Pearl Jam Acoustic and Then Some" at a small, outdoor venue (with a 10 pm curfew). Ed introduces the a guest saying "... personally I still don't believe he's still gonna be here until he actually walks out after we say his name ..." and Chris Cornell takes the stage, expressing some apprehension about performing alone, without any of the members of PJ, during the middle of the encore. He offers two acoustic songs, 'Can't Change Me' (from his solo album) followed by 'Like A Stone' (Audioslave). The Temple of the Dog reunion lusted after by fans for ages finally takes place when he brings the band back and they announce, "OK, now were gonna do something that we haven't done in at least 11 years ... now I'm old enough to be able to say that there was something that I did as an adult that I haven't done for 11 years ... I'm really glad that you guys are here to hear this; this is great!" and the crowd is treated to 'Hunger Strike,' followed by 'Reach Down' (very long version with an extended jam). John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers) helps out on the Ramones' 'Daytime Dilemma' and 'I Believe In Miracles' (played a second time). The third encore features the whole band with all of the guests.

Acoustic Set: I Believe In Miracles, Nothing As It Seems, Immortality, Fatal, Thumbing My Way, Elderly Woman, Man of the Hour, Nothingman, Crazy Mary, Last Kiss, 25 Minutes To Go (w/ Lyle Workman)

Electric Set: Love Boat Captain, Black, In My Tree (w/ Jack Irons), Hail Hail (w/ Jack Irons), Save You

Encore 1: Soon Forget (w/ Jack Johnson), Better Man/(I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend) (w/ Jack Johnson), Can't Change Me (Chris Cornell solo acoustic), Like A Stone (Chris Cornell solo acoustic), Hunger Strike, Reach Down

Encore 2
: Daytime Dilemma (w/ John Frusciante), I Believe in Miracles (regular version w/ John Frusciante)

Encore 3: So You Wanna Be A Rock N Roll Star

Download

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but the link is offline!

Paul H. said...

No new link? That´s sad!