Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2003-04-06 Houston, TX

After the first encore, that ends in the band tearing up 'Go,' Ed returns to the stage alone for the second encore. "Whoever said you were a hick town with more millionaires per square inch, it wasn't me. I just wanted to say while we're playing Houston, fuck Dallas. [big cheers] We don't really feel that way, it's just freedom of speech ... it's just fun. I think we have to come back and play Dallas (laughing)." He requests the Bill Gates mask and tell the crowd that they're going to witness what it looks like to impale something on a stick in a ritualistic manner (quoting the Denver newspaper review) and he sets the mask on the mic stand. "You gotta watch close, cause it happens fast. You go like this ... total impalement! It's an insane sick ritual that I invented cause I'm a sick fuck and a celebrity." The absurdity of the whole thing is hilarious and the crowd is laughing through much of 'Soon Forget.'

Set: Can't Keep, Grievance, Save You, Hail Hail, Even Flow, I Am Mine, Thumbing My Way, You Are, Whipping, Insignificance, Breath, 1/2 Full, Elderly Woman, Immortality, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Love Boat Captain, Better Man, Black, Go

Encore 2: Soon Forget, Fortunate Son, Rockin' in The Free World

Download

No comments: