Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 19, 2009

2003-04-30 Uniondale, NY

A solid, intense show, that gets crazy during the second encore. Some rude members of the crowd start booing during 'Bushleaguer.' Ed's response: "I busted out the nice suit for you, yeah? Ahhhhh, yeah. You didn't like that one. I don't understand. Maybe you like him cuz he's gonna give you a tax cut. Maybe you like him because he is a real guy, that relates to you, because he is so down home." Crowd starts chanting: "USA, USA, USA!" Ed responds: "I'm with you. USA. I just think that all of us in this room should have a voice in how the USA is represented. And he didn't allow us our voice. That's all I'm saying. We love America. I am standing on a stage in front of a big crowd. I worked in a good damn drug store. I love America, right? (Some people are yelling "play some fucking rock and roll!") This is good, this is open, honest debate, and that's what it should be. If you keep this back and forth ... good things will happen. If you don't say anything, you don't know what will happen. Cause we are on a brink of forever. And if we don't participate on where this thing is going, when where we are the number one super power in the world, you want to have a part in it and make sure it is a good thing, yeah? Plus or minus, be active. This is a good thing."

Set: Long Road, Rearviewmirror, Animal, Save You, Get Right, I Am Mine, Corduroy, Present Tense, In Hiding, Even Flow, Elderly Woman, Jeremy, You Are, I Am A Patriot, Blood, Not For You, Better Man, Porch

Encore 1: Last Kiss, Thumbing My Way, Crazy Mary, Down, Do The Evolution, Daughter/(WMA), Alive

Encore 2: Bushleaguer, Know Your Rights, Rockin' In The Free World

Download

No comments: